Drone and Aerial Photography

Discussion in 'Call for Entries' started by nsurit, Jul 21, 2017.

1. nsurit

nsurit Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here is one for all the high flying photographers. Trying to figure out how I can enter something done with my Aero-Ektar and speed graphic that does require me to get in an airplane. Others may not have that concern. Check it out. http://texasphoto.org/current-call-for-entry

2. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have a stack of 4x5 negatives from the early 1950's, aerial shots of St. Marys, Pa. using a Speed Graphic, but unknown lens. These were given to me by the photographers son.

3. AWS_ATL

AWS_ATL Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I was wondering if you could rig a radio transmitter to a pin that would act as a release cable. Make it Bluetooth compatible. Seems like this wouldn't be hard....

4. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  5. Prof_Pixel

Prof_Pixel Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It can be done, but NOT cheaply! Some quick checking on the internet gave me the following estimates: A Speed Graphic weighs about 6 lbs. The cheapest heavy lift drone capable of such weight goes for about $4,500

You could spent many hours in a single engine light plane for that money, and get the photos you actually wanted.

6. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is a big warning flag to me: "People tell me I love to over-do color saturation, but I think my colors are natural." I could be wrong but tells me the juror is going for the unnatural, high-hdr, look.

But if you're going for the A-for-effort prize, how about a weather balloon. You'd need a way to trip the shutter (a solenoid grafted to a cable release?) and wouldn't really have a clue as to what your aero-ektar is seeing. But your feet would still be on the ground.

7. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format