Places that still process film in Vancouver, WA

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by rjay1992, Jul 14, 2017.

1. rjay1992

rjay1992 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello everyone,

Are there any places in Vancouver that will process film?. There is a Walgreens, but they told me they will cease this very soon. I know there are places in Portland, but I tend to avoid going there unless I have to. Does anyone know any hole in the wall places around there that still process film? I am really looking for a place that can process 35mm, 110, and even 120 if at all possible.

Thanks

2. John_Nikon_F

John_Nikon_F Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd send a PM to Kiron Kid. He's also in VanWA and may have some ideas. Other options would be to mail the rolls to Panda Lab near Seattle Center, or if C-41, mail them to Kenmore Camera or Omega Photo in Kenmore, WA and Bellevue, WA, respectively. Or, just bite the bullet, get on I-5 south, take the Bypass 30 exit headed west and go to Blue Moon, which really isn't that far from Vancouver. Probably about 6-7 miles or so. Portland really isn't any worse than driving in Seattle. Might actually be a bit better.

3. BAC1967

BAC1967 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The last time I checked Panda Lab doesn't do mail order. I live about 2 miles from Kenmore Camera and didn't know they do developing. I may give them a shot next time I need C41 but they don't do E-6. I do buy chemistry from them occasionally. I usually do mail order to The Darkroom in California, they do C41, E-6 and black and white, plus they do a great job with the scanning. I can usually download my scans within a week of putting it in the mail.

4. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    when i lived in portland for 8 months i went to either blu moon or pro photo supply. pro photo was great as they stock lots of film at the same price as B&H

5. John_Nikon_F

John_Nikon_F Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, Kenmore still does it. Price is still $9.95 for process and high-res scan to CD. Omega *might* do E-6, I do know that they can do B&W, no problem.

-J

6. Two23

Two23 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I can give a strong recommendation to Citizen's Photo in Portland. I've never had a scratched neg from them. They can do everything--35mm, 120, 3x4, 4x5, 5x7, up to 8x10. Nice guys who know what they're doing.

Kent in SD

7. taomeister

taomeister Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Kenmore camera is GREAT as their prices for develop only (if you scan / print yourself) is the fairly cheap at <$4 a roll regardless of if it's 35mm, 120, or 220 size C-41 film. They'll also cross-process E-6 film if you ask for it, although it's slower than the 1 or 2 day turnaround because they only use the last bits of chemicals in a batch to run cross-process so that it doesn't ruin the chems for others.

Omega photo in Bellevue has c-41 machines but their E-6 and black-and-white are actually sent to Panda Lab in downtown Seattle for processing. I guess it's a good option for those living on the Eastside who don't want to brave the traffic to drop in and out of Panda Lab during their business hours.

I've heard great things about Citizen's Photo if you're going to mail out a huge bulk bunch for developing / scans, and Blue Moon as well. Portland has really good options so it makes sense to hop across the state line instead of seek to send stuff to Seattle for processing.