1. Welcome to PHOTRIO! APUG & DPUG members can re-login with your APUG or DPUG username and password. If you prefer 100% Analog (APUG) content then uncheck "Hybrid" and "Digital" in the site header (page top, right next to the PHOTRIO logo). PHOTRIO is still under construction for the next few weeks, but we felt it was stable enough to open. The forum categories need a major restructuring and we'll be working on that and much more. For a "quick start" guide to new features CLICK HERE. To report bugs and feature requests CLICK HERE. Thank you for your patience, and please keep in mind we are still finishing off the site. (Close this notice by clicking the X to the top right of the notice box).

T-Max 100 (120) backordered?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by bvy, Jun 16, 2016.

1. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That would be me (among others) including the threads referenced in the following thread, and it was initially only in reference to T-Max 400: http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php...ing-paper-problems-emulsions-affected.137251/
    There are details in that thread that expand the information at the beginning, including information about the problem occurring with colour emulsions.
    It would be really interesting if the stock in the UK has not suffered from the same wrapper offset problems, especially if they were from the same batches as those that, in other parts of the world, did suffer from it.

2. Wallendo

Wallendo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Kodak has always argued that the print-through was a result of improper storage somewhere along the supply chain, not an actual manufacturing defect. I had issues with a pro-pack of Ektar 100 and the message I received with my replacement film was that same as that documented by others. Possibly, storage conditions in the UK never triggered this issue.

I can't imagine the UK backing paper being any different, since as far as I know, there is only one EK assembly line making film for KA.

3. NB23

NB23 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Come on KODAK! Get your game STRAIGHT!

4. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you feel better now?

5. NB23

NB23 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    About what exactly?

6. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That Kodak hasn't resolved the TMAX 100 120 problem that seems to have you exceedingly frustrated. :smile:

Sometimes going outside and screaming at the moon helps people feel less stressed.

7. NB23

NB23 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think it is an error that you think that I am frustrated. Sure you made up a mental image and you believe in the image you have made of me. But rest assured, I write this between sets of extra fine FB prints that I shot on Ilford film while laughing internally at the american airlines fiasco that treat its customers just as bad as Kodak treats theirs.

I realize that my posts irritates Kodak groupies that probably shoot 9 kodak films per year. I shoot over 300 per year and kodak will have to work very hard to get me to shoot 300 kodak films just as that airlines company will have to work very hard to gain a few buised customers back.

And I'll repeat it: KODAK! Get your act TOGETHER! (Says an ilford customer).

8. Ai Print

Ai Print Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pssst...Ned, we are actually friends on Facebook, lol. I may seem like a Kodak groupie but I am just a guy who loves the films they make, also shoots hundreds of rolls and sheets per year. I look forward to being able to stock TMX in 120 again when it is all good.

In the meantime, I have a couple hundred 120 rolls in stock along with Acros, Pan-F, Techpan, APX25, etc, etc.

Hopefully they get this sorted soon.

9. NB23

NB23 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hey D.B.,

Let's hope it will all be good.

I'm on my last 10 tmax100 bulk rolls and then will jump on the 15 bulks of pan-f that are in the queue.

Life is good

10. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am so glad you are not frustrated and that you are enjoying your Ilford film. That being settled then, please quit shouting at us. It really isn't polite and I doubt that Kodak is paying much attention to you. If you feel the need to communicate your message to Kodak then give them a call. They may appreciate it and send you some film to play with. Truthfully I have found they really are friendly folks and easy to talk things over with.

As for Kodak fanboys, I admit to being one (love their Portra, Ektar, TriX and TMAX film.) For the life of me I cannot understand why that seems to have become such a negative thing. Their quality level continues to be very high and I'm sure that they will sort out the recent 120 paper backing problem. And some of their film offerings continue to be some of the best available in their product lines. The technical information they have produced is astounding and is still amazingly valuable for me.

Of course I like, buy and use a lot of film from several different manufacturers. They are all excellent and they all serve different purposes. Life would get very boring without Kodak or Ilford around.

11. NB23

NB23 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Dear Kodak fan,
    If you are so inclined to win me over, it would be nice that you call those guys and that you talk to them about me. Including that free film.
    I have no intentions of losing a second of my life on this.

And since you seem to act like you're their spokesman, please tell them that "not caring about me or about people like me" is exactly what drove them to go bankrupt in the most shameful way.

Ah yes, about me shouting in an impolite matter: you must be losing too much time on the internet. What tells you I am shouting? And what tells you it's impolite? And the funniest: why does an internet post irritate you so much?

Please don't forget to tell your lovely kodak friends that NB23 is asking them to get their ACT TOGETHER.

P.S.; PM me for the free film. And I am not accepting anything 120 from them. Tell them that.

12. Sal Santamaura

Sal Santamaura Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm impressed, Ned. You entered the entirety of post #111 in zero seconds. An infinite words-per-minute keying rate. You must have gotten a very high grade in typing class.
    No, it isn't. Management at Eastman Kodak made many bad judgement calls that resulted in the company going bankrupt. "Not caring about you" wasn't one of them.
    I suggest Dan say nothing to Kodak Alaris on your behalf. Lack of participation in forums like this isn't evidence that the company doesn't know who's crusading against them. Were I Thomas Mooney, I'd ignore any contact you ever do make with him, assuming he could determine who an APUG poster without the cojones to use his real name is.

Carry on, if you must.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017