what was the last camera you used, last film and how was it developed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by jnanian, Jun 3, 2015.

1. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lomo Belair X/6-12, Ilford FP4+ in Pyrocat HD.

2. R.Gould

R.Gould Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ensign 1620,Fomapan in RO9/one shot

3. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    OM-10 Quartz, Delta 100@100, R09 1:50 14m@20C

4. Army35mm

Army35mm Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Canonet QL17(old model)
    tri-x 400 pushed to 1600
    stand developed ilfotec dd-x 1+9, 1min agitation, 45min stand. Normal stop/fix.

5. 75suzuki

75suzuki Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ilford HP5 400 120 b&w. Kodak Hawkeye, circa 1952. I dont know how it was developed though, still a noob :smile:

6. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Finished off all of my original Polaroid 600, Spectra, and SX-70 films. Henceforth I will be using the Impossible equivalents in each format.

Last week I used a roll of Kodak Ultramax 400 in one of my Exakta VX's. I even had a good opportunity to use the red settings (timed delay plus slow speed). Lenses used were 50/2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar and 28/3.5 Angenieux.

IMAG8744-1.jpg

Currently using Delta 400 in one of my Minox IIIs's and making good use of the built-in green and orange filters.

IMAG8745-1.jpg

Lastly, I'll be using this Polaroid Image1200 with Impossible Spectra film. You'll notice that in addition to the regular viewfinder there's a little digital camera for use with a "live view" display (there is no digital storage of images). Polaroid did this merely to hop on the digital bandwagon around 2004, as the feature is poorly conceived: the digital camera is offset actually further from the lens than the optical viewfinder! Clearly marketing insisted on having it, but the designers must've hated it. It's real use wasn't to help frame or produce a better image, but rather to help sell the camera to neophytes. As for me, I bought it because I wanted the larger Spectra format.

IMAG8747-1.jpg

IMAG8748-1.jpg

7. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool.

What are your plans for your collection of photos from Greece? Prints in an album, online storage, framing of select photos, or a combination of this?

8. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    More Lomo/FP4+ madness, and a dose of Maco 820c "Aura" from my deep drawer stash through the Rolleiflex. Results to follow later.

9. Puggsy

Puggsy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My recently acquired Nikon FM2n & 28mm lens.
    Film from a bulk loader (unknown when spooled), exposed at 100ASA in camera, processed in ID-11 1+1 10mins, temperature- a 'guess' (lost my thermometer!).
    Processing revealed Ilford Delta Pro 100. All negs well exposed. Scans made great A4 prints.

0019-Sml.jpg 0590-Sml.jpg

10. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    2017-07-06 09.15.45.jpg 4x5 Calumet Cadet ... 150mm f5.6 lens ... Tri-X dev in PMK Pyro.

11. BHuij

BHuij Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    4x5 Intrepid, FP4+ in Rodinal 1:50. Developed at N.

12. anfenglin

anfenglin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Self made ultra wide pinhole, made from a 6x9 Zeiss Ikon folder, Fuji Pro 160 NS, Tetenal C-41 Kit.

13. michr

michr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Two rolls of Arista EDU 100 developed in TMAX Dev 1:4 for five minutes shot in a Kodak Medalist II. Everything came together. Exposure and development were spot on. This was my first time using the camera and in two rolls I have produced some of my best looking prints ever.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Roger Thoms

Roger Thoms Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Fuji GW680III, Ilford PanF Plus 50, Pyrocat HD. First time shooting this film so I exposed the first at 40 ISO and the shadows were a little thin so I exposed the second roll at 25 ISO with better results. Negs look nice, especially the second roll, I'll see how they print this weekend.

Roger

16. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Mamiya rz67 w/ 110mm lens. Ilford FP4 rated at 200 and developed with xtol for 9:30 minutes.
    Also used strobes.

[​IMG]CB750k5 by Jarrett Hunt, on Flickr

17. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I sent in four rolls at a time, each from a different time of the trip, for processing. To keep the batches separate, I had to wait a week before I could send in the next batch. I now have matched the prints with each roll, put the film in PrintFile sheets, put the rolls and prints in time order, number the rolls on the sheets and the backs of each print, and reviewed the prints. Now I will select a few to have color prints made and framed to be hung on the walls as I sip ouzo with an ice cube.

18. Paul Manuell

Paul Manuell Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Pentax 645NII, Kodak Portra 400, still not put in for development yet, but when I do it will be the shop in Penzance (Cornwall, England) I've been using for the last few years.

19. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the last month:

Finished a roll of Delta 400 in my Minox IIIs with outstanding results.

Finished two boxes of Impossible Spectra in my Polaroid Image 1200. I'm still learning how to use the camera's crude exposure compensation in bright and dark scenes. According to Polaroid's own service manual, there is no longer any fine control: it is just a switch that will give you +2/3, 0, -2/3. The Impossible film has improved over time, but tends to bloom easily on highlights. Sometimes this can be put to good artistic effect. Note: I am still keeping the film totally in the dark for at least an hour immediately after exposure. Nor sure if this is still necessary.

Lastly, just finished a roll of Ektar 100 in one of my F2's (74xxxx), using pre-AI 105/2.5 and 28/3.5 lenses. The prints are just amazing in their sharpness and bokeh (sorry can't show photos; I have no scanner).

IMAG6560-1.jpg

20. Peltigera

Peltigera Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Rollei Retro 400 in my Bronica ETRs, developed by AG Photographic. Not really impressed by my attempts. I need to relearn composition, it seems.

21. Trask

Trask Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Film from a bulk loader I found at a garage sale -- there were two box ends with it so it had to be either TMax400 or Ektachrome 400. Shot a short roll in a Contax Aria with Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 lens, and developed it old-but-still-working DDX 1:4 in a small tank 7 minutes at 22C. Man did that fixer pour out pink! Turns out the film is Tmax400 after all.

22. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The last several films this month have been shot in three different Contaflex Super Bs with Arista EDU Ultra 400 film exposed at EI200. Developed in Rodinal 1:50.

I do things like this once in a while to exercise my cameras with leaf shutters. All of them work fine.

BTW, if anyone is interested in one of these, I certainly have more than I need.

23. Cholentpot

Cholentpot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Just finished a roll though an Argus C3. Expired bulk Portra 160NC from 2006. I exposed at 80 and am going to do a stand development in a C-41 kit. The kit has had 30 rolls through it already, I think the next few rolls will be the last and the chems are going to be dispatched. They served me well.

I just loaded up an Olympus IS-300 with the same film, fun camera that I don't use much. I also loaded a Bronica S2 with a roll of Shanghai GP3 and have a roll of Plus-X loaded in my Pen EE3. I also loaded up the EOS A2 with some Tmax 100. I was planning on doing a portrait session but it fell through, so the cameras are on standby until a good slot of time comes up.

Last roll I developed was a roll of the expired Portra stand developed shot through a Voigtlander Vito II. Nice lens on that machine.