1. Welcome to PHOTRIO! APUG & DPUG members can re-login with your APUG or DPUG username and password. If you prefer 100% Analog (APUG) content then uncheck "Hybrid" and "Digital" in the site header (page top, right next to the PHOTRIO logo). PHOTRIO is still under construction for the next few weeks, but we felt it was stable enough to open. The forum categories need a major restructuring and we'll be working on that and much more. For a "quick start" guide to new features CLICK HERE. To report bugs and feature requests CLICK HERE. Thank you for your patience, and please keep in mind we are still finishing off the site. (Close this notice by clicking the X to the top right of the notice box).

its been a long while

Discussion in 'Social Groups' started by jnanian, Jan 2, 2016.

1. jnanian

jnanian Guest

its been a long while but i think next week i will make a small batch of salted emulsion.
    i plan on using mr patten's recipe, but adding in / spiking it with a little potassium bromide.
    any suggestions for salt to bromide ratio i should use ?
    i'm using 3g/nacl to 5.6g of AG, the total volume will be about 100cc at first
    as i get more confident i will make larger volumes, but its been about 30 years since i did this
    and i am more than a little rusty..

thanks for your suggestions !

john

2. OP
    OP
    jnanian

jnanian Guest

well

to make a long story short, i used 3g of salt, and equal amounts of bromide and silver.
    noodling was a mess and i just did test exposures today ... not sure what speed it ended up
    its slow though, really slow.

3. OP
    OP
    NedL

NedL Guest

I think it already looks awesome. I can't wait to see what comes from this!

4. OP
    OP
    jnanian

jnanian Guest

thanks ned !
    i'm getting to the bottom of the beaker, and it has been a lot of fun playing with something i made from scratch. while it works in a camera really well
    i have almost decided to make this a printing on emulsoin and a photogram emulsion because it is so slow. i had wanted to make portriats with it,
    but i can't really make someone sit for 30-40 seconds ... :wink: